The E-Child Care (ECC) system is the current electronic method of reporting your child’s attendance and absences if you are currently receiving a child care subsidy, provided by the State of New Jersey. Your participation in ECC is required if you are receiving a child care subsidy and it is the only way your child’s child care provider can be paid regularly.
To ensure you are fulfilling your responsibility as a parent in this process, you must:
- Make sure your ECC card is set up properly. You MUST contact your Subsidy Case Manager at Child Care Resources to link your EBT card to your child care benefits or to issue you a new ECC card. ECC cards arrived in the mail in a non-descript envelope, like a credit card. Cards take 5 days to be delivered. If you have your card, you must call the number on the back of the card to activate it. If the card is not activated it will not work. Please contact your Subsidy Case Manager with any questions regarding the status of your card or to confirm that your EBT card has been linked to your child care benefits.
- Please verify with your child care provider to see which type of ECC system is in place at the child care site. There are two systems, the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system through the telephone or a Point of Service (POS) device, which is a swipe card system. The type of system a child care provider has depends on the type of child care they provide and how many child care subsidy agreements they have in place. If your child care provider utilizes the IVR system, you must call in/out from the actual child care location.
- You will be responsible for any payments to your child care provider for any unsuccessful transactions, since Child Care Resources will be unable to pay for them.
- You can report absences from any phone, anywhere, by call the Parent Customer Service line at 1-800-997-3333. There are two types of absences, a regular absence and a sick day. Please use these absences correctly and only use sick days when your child is actually sick.
- Read and sign your ECC Parent/Provider agreement. This agreement is enclosed with your Welcome Packet and can also be found below. By signing the ECC Parent/Provider agreement you are agreeing to comply with all ECC requirements. With your Welcome Packet and/or your New Jersey Cares for Kids Application you should have received the Disqualification of Services Policy and sent back the signed receipt. Failure to use the ECC system properly or not at all, may result in disqualification and as a result you may lose your child care benefits. Please see below to view the Disqualification of Services policy.
***PLEASE REMEMBER that all child care subsidies are based on work and training eligibility requirements. Failure to report any of these changes or other changes may affect your eligibility (including but not limited to, changes in family size, income or temporary loss of employment) to our agency within 10 days may result in disqualification as well as loss of child care benefits. Additionally, any overpayment to your child care provider may result in a repayment agreement. In a repayment agreement you would be responsible for paying back any subsidy funds that were paid on your behalf to our agency.***
E-Child Care Training
Child Care Resources recognizes that the ECC system can be difficult and overwhelming for parents using our subsidy programs. We strongly recommend that parents attend ECC training at our office. The training is free of charge and covers setting up a PIN number for your card, how to use the POS/IVR system, what steps you should take if errors occur in your transactions and attendance policies. It is important that ECC is used correctly, unsuccessful transactions may not result in payment and you may be held responsible.
Trainings are held every Wednesday between 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm, or you may request an individualized training during our regular business hours. Each training is held at our office at 3301 C Route 66, Neptune, NJ 07753.
To register, please call 732-918-9901, Ext. 139 and leave your name and phone number.
Important E-Child Care Documents
E-Child Care (ECC) Welcome Letter for NJCK Participants
E-Child Care (ECC) Welcome Letter for WFNJ Participants
E-Child Care (ECC) Training Announcement for Parents
E-Child Care (ECC) Alternate Person EBT/Child Care Card Request and Agreement
IVR Parent Quick Reference Guide for New Jersey ECC
Point of Service (POS) Device Quick Reference Guide for Parents for New Jersey ECC
E-Child Care (ECC) Parent/Provider Agreement and Certification
WFNJ/TANF Child Care Transportation Reimbursement Form
Disqualification of Services for Parents Policy (DFD Instruction No. 14-07-01)
Child Care Resources is also available to assist you in understanding the E-Child Care and helping you navigate the process. For more information, please contact your Subsidy Case Manager. You can find your Subsidy Case Manager, by clicking here.