DOE Preschool Wraparound Child Care is a before and after child care subsidized for preschool children enrolled DOE Preschool programs in Asbury Park, Keansburg Borough, Long Branch City and Neptune Township. The program provides four hours of daily wraparound care during the months of September through June and ten hours of daily care for July and August.
Families requesting DOE Preschool Wraparound Child Care must meet eligibility requirements for this program. The requirements include:
- Family must reside in Asbury Park, Keansburg Borough, Long Branch City and Neptune Township
- The child must be 3 or 4 years of age by October 1st
- Applicant must be employed at least 25 hours per week or in attending training full-time (at least 20 hours per week)
- Applicant must meet income eligibility guidelines
INCOME ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES:
GROSS ANNUAL INCOME FOR HOUSEHOLD CANNOT EXCEED
- Family Size of 2: $34,480
- Family Size of 3: $43,440
- Family Size of 4: $52,400
- Family Size of 5 $61,360
- Family Size of 6: $70,320
- Family Size of 7: $79,280
A DOE Preschool Wraparound Child Care Application MUST be submitted with verification of eligibility, documentation includes but is not be limited to:
- A month’s worth of original paystubs OR school/training registration
- Documentation of additional income, including child support, SSI, additional employment, unemployment, and disability benefits, etc.
- If you receive child support, please submit proof of child support payments for the last six months through probation. If you do not receive your payments through probation, please submit a letter from the responsible party stating the details of your payment arrangement
- Copy of each child’s birth certificate and Social Security card
- Proof of Food Stamps and Housing Assistance, if you receive it
If determined eligible, under the DOE Preschool Wraparound Child Care program, a family would be assessed a co-payment (part of the cost of your child care), based on your income and family size.
Eligible families are able to obtain an application for the DOE Preschool Wraparound Child Care program at any of the school districts in the designated towns as specified above.
Families who do not meet the above eligibility requirements are not eligible for the DOE Preschool Wraparound program financial assistance, but may still be eligible for the free preschool program, if residing in one of the four towns as identified above.
For technical assistance on the DOE Preschool Wraparound Child Care program, please contact us at 732-918-9901, Ext. 100 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.