To meet the growing need for quality child care, a well-trained child care workforce is necessary. Continued training and education leads to improved skills, and research has shown that children who receive care from highly trained professionals are more likely to flourish and have greater opportunities for learning. Retaining high quality, trained staff is one of the best indicators of quality child care.
Child Care Resources is a leading training entity for child care professionals in Monmouth County. We believe that professional development is key to your experience as a caregiver and to the quality of child care you offer. Our trainings offer firm foundations, as well as new perspectives and techniques for child care professionals working daily with children and families.
Child Care Resources offers three types of trainings, Classroom Based Professional Development, On-Site Professional Development and Online Professional Development.
Classroom Based Professional Development
Our classroom based trainings are primarily held in Child Care Resources’ training room. These workshops promote and enhance professional development through stimulating and interactive programs, designed for:
- Individuals who are working towards a Child Development Associate (CDA) or CCP Credential.
- Licensed Child Care Center staff, Program Directors, School-Age Child Care Program staff, and Registered Family Child Care Providers
- Teachers working in Monmouth County School Districts
Click here to view our Semi-Annual Professional Development Calendar.
All registration for Child Care Resources workshops can be completed on the NJ Workforce Registry. Please click here to be taken to the NJ Workforce Registry to register for Child Care Resources’ workshops.
For more information on what the NJ Workforce Registry is and how Child Care Resources’ staff can assist you in the registration process, please click here.
For more information about our classroom based professional development offerings or to register for a workshop, please call our Project Coordinator, Kelly Acanfora, at 732-918-9901, Ext. 135 or at email@example.com.
On-Site Professional Development
Child Care Resources provides high quality, convenient professional development at your Monmouth County location. Our highly trained professionals will come to your program and provide workshops which can be scheduled during normal operating hours or during the evening to accommodate you and your employee’s schedules.
On-site professional development is very cost effective. A Child Care Resources’ trainer can provide a training for $10 a person for a two hour workshop not to exceed $250. Should a training topic require a content specialist consultant, a fee will be determined between Child Care Resources and the consultant.
You may choose from a wide array of topics or contact us directly to discuss how to develop a personalized training plan to meet the needs of you and your staff. To complete the On-Site Professional Development Request form, click here. The completion of this form is required to officially schedule a training.
To review a copy of the On-Site Professional Development Agreement, click here.
To discuss you or your staff’s personalized professional development plan or to discuss any professional development program, you can contact our Child Care Education Specialist/Lead Trainer, Maggie Lopez, at 732-918-9901, Ext. 119 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child Development Associate (CDA) at Child Care Resources
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO ARE ELIGIBLE
The CDA program at Child Care Resources is an accessible, cost effective, hybrid learning approach on a user-friendly online platform. You can obtain your 120 professional development hours combined with monthly, face-to-face coaching from our CDA coach, Cindy Terebush, (certified Professional Coach and Youth, Parent, Family Coach). Cindy is a CDA Professional Development Specialist and Lead Instructor and a New Jersey Workforce Registry Approved Trainer and Technical Assistance Specialist throughout the State of New Jersey.
The CDA is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education and is a key stepping stone on the path of career advancement! Obtaining your CDA is an essential asset to the children you serve and also assists with meeting Grow NJ Kids Standards 4.3.8, 4.3.9, 4.4.2 and 4.5.3.
- High school diploma or a current high school junior or senior enrolled in a child development career/technical program
- 120 hours of self-paced online learning. Subject area requirements are outlined by the CDA coach for simple navigation
- 480 hours of experience working with young children within 3 years of applying for the credential
- Prepare your CDA Professional Portfolio (complete within 6 months of applying)
- Take the CDA exam after applying for the CDA credential
- Verification visit by a CDA Professional Development Specialist after applying for the CDA credential and after completing the portfolio.
CDA With Child Care Resources…
- Complete 120 hours of online training
- Develop and build your portfolio
- Participate in monthly coaching sessions which include an individualized monthly phone session and one session per month for two hours in-person at Child Care Resources’ office.
- Knowledge assessments
- CDA exam preparation
- Peer discussions
- Opportunities to ask questions
- Progress checks with CDA Coach
- Guidance through the CDA Application Process
- $600 fee to Child Care Resources for CDA online coursework and coaching for one year access
- $30 for required Competency Standards Book (must order from https://store.cdacouncil.org/)
- $49 for required CDA textbook (must order from https://store.cdacouncil.org/)
- $425 online application fee to the CDA Council (after coursework and portfolio completion)
- Scholarships available for those who qualify
- $95 for the CDA textbook and or/workbook that can be bundled with the Competency Standards Book
- $25 for the Easycda.com Portfolio Binder
For more information, any additional questions or to enroll in Child Care Resources’ CDA programs, please contact Dina Patel, Quality Improvement Coordinator, at 732-918-9901, Ext. 133 or email@example.com.