CHILD CARE PROFESSIONALS
Family Child Care Registration
Family Child Care can be a rewarding career. When you open your home to child care as a professional provider, you can make a positive difference in the lives of the children you care for. It is also your chance to own and run your own home based business.
Child Care Resources is the sponsoring organization for Family Child Care (FCC) Registration in Monmouth County. Child Care Resources strives to expand families’ access to high quality care that children need, while also meeting the professional needs of the family child care providers who care for them. Child Care Resources sponsors over 100 Registered Family Child Care homes in Monmouth County.
As the sponsoring organization for FCC, Child Care Resources recruits and trains individuals who are interested in becoming FCC providers, inspects and registers their homes and monitors Registered Family Child Care homes for continued compliance with the State of New Jersey regulations.
Requirements to Become a Family Child Care Provider
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Be of good character and reputation, with sufficient knowledge, intelligence, stability, energy and maturity to maintain a Family Child Care home and to care for children
- Be in sufficient physical, mental and emotional health to properly care for children to be placed in the home
- Reside in the home where the child care takes place
- Demonstrate to the satisfaction of the sponsoring organization and the Office of Licensing that he or she complies with all applicable requirements of the Manual of Requirements
»To view the Manual of Requirements for Family Child Care Registration, please click here.
- Receive clearance on a Child Abuse Record Information (CARI) background check
- Family Child Care Providers are required to complete 20 hours of professional development training throughout the 3 year registration period
- Providers are required to maintain CPR/First Aid certification (this training in not included in the 20 hours of training required)
Benefits of Family Child Care Registration
Improve Your Child Care Skills
You will receive training and technical assistance to enhance your qualifications as a professional Family Child Care provider. You will be exposed to trainings about early childhood development, positive methods of discipline, guidelines on health and nutrition, play and learning activities, business management and communicating with parents. To access Child Care Resources professional development offerings, please click here.
Obtain Contacts with Parents Seeking Family Child Care
When you become registered, you enroll in our child care network database. This helps you connect with parents seeking child care in your neighborhood.
Cover Food Costs for Children
As a Registered Family Child Care provider, you are eligible to participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and receive reimbursement for part of the cost of meals served to children in your care. For more information on the Food Program, please click here.
Professional Image when Marketing to Potential Families
Becoming a Registered Family Child Care provider is optional in New Jersey. Going through the process to become a Registered provider and maintain Registration is a testament to your commitment to professionalism and providing quality child care!
For more information on how to become a Registered Family Child Care provider, please call our Home-Based Child Care Coordinator, Eduardo Magliulo, at 732-918-9901, Ext. 125 or at email@example.com.