21 Sep Diaper Awareness Week 9/21-9/27
National Diaper Need Awareness Week draws attention to the issue of diaper need in the U.S. A signature initiative of the National Diaper Bank Network launched in 2012, the week provides individuals, organizations, communities, and elected officials the opportunity to engage in real talk and simple actions. By working together we can ensure that all babies have access to clean diapers and other basic necessities required for them to thrive and reach their full potential.
Unfortunately, one in three U.S. families struggles to provide enough diapers to keep a baby or toddler clean, dry, and healthy.
We invite and need you to get involved! Be a part of the growing movement of diaper bank leaders, advocates, and individuals across the U.S.
Here are a few things you can do to participate:
- Host a local diaper drive.
- Volunteer at a local diaper bank.
- Request proclamations and help from your local elected officials.
- Engage in Real Talk on social media via #EndDiaperNeed and #BasicsArentBasic
- Make a donation to Child Care Resources