The NJCK program helps working families meet the cost of child care. A child care subsidy through the NJCK program can assist you to pay for child care for children from birth up to age thirteen (13) and for children with special needs up to age nineteen (19).
The eligibility requirements of the NJCK program are as follows:
- Must be a Monmouth County resident
- The child or children must be citizens of the United States of American and have a valid Social Security number
- Must be employed full time (at least 30 hours per week) OR
- Attend school full time OR
- Minimum of 12 classroom credit hours (Spring and Fall semesters)
- Minimum of 6 classroom credit hours (Summer semester)
- Attend job training (a vocational or occupational program that includes classroom instruction, on the job training and/or apprenticeships) full time (at least 20 hours per week) OR
- Work part time AND go to school/training part time
- Must meet income eligibility guidelines
- A co-applicant must meet the same eligibility guidelines
INCOME ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
GROSS ANNUAL INCOME FOR HOUSEHOLD CANNOT EXCEED
- Family Size of 2: $32,480
- Family Size of 3: $40,840
- Family Size of 4: $49,200
- Family Size of 5 $57,560
- Family Size of 6: $65,920
- Family Size of 7: $74,280
An NJCK Application MUST be submitted with verification of eligibility, documentation includes but is not be limited to:
- A month’s worth of original paystubs OR school/training registration
- Documentation of additional income, including child support, SSI, additional employment, unemployment, and disability benefits, etc.
- If you receive child support, please submit proof of child support payments for the last six months through probation. If you do not receive your payments through probation, please submit a letter from the responsible party stating the details of your payment arrangement
- Copy of each child’s birth certificate and Social Security card
- Proof of Food Stamps and Housing Assistance, if you receive it
If determined eligible, under the NJCK program, a family would be assessed a co-payment (part of the cost of your child care), based on your income and family size.
Please carefully review, print and complete all of the documents below. Each document is a section of a complete NJCK Application.
Click here for the entire application in one convenient file.
Click here for an NJCK Application in English
Click here for an NJCK Application in Spanish
To receive an application in the mail, or for technical assistance on financial assistance, please contact us at 732-918-9901, Ext. 100 or email at email@example.com.
All applications with supporting documentation can be submitted to Child Care Resources, PO Box 1234, Neptune, NJ 07754 or by dropping it off at the agency during operating business hours.
INCOMPLETE OR FAXED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED