To meet the growing need for quality child care, a well-trained child care workforce is necessary. Continued training and education leads to improved skills, and research has shown that children who receive care from highly trained professionals are more likely to flourish and have greater opportunities for learning. Retaining high quality, trained staff is one of the best indicators of quality child care.
Child Care Resources is a leading training entity for child care professionals in Monmouth County. We believe that professional development is key to your experience as a caregiver and to the quality of child care you offer. Our trainings offer firm foundations, as well as new perspectives and techniques for child care professionals working daily with children and families.
Child Care Resources offers three types of trainings, Classroom Based Professional Development, On-Site Professional Development and Online Professional Development.
Classroom Based Professional Development
Our classroom based trainings are primarily held in Child Care Resources’ training room. These workshops promote and enhance professional development through stimulating and interactive programs, designed for:
- Individuals who are working towards a Child Development Associate (CDA) or CCP Credential.
- Licensed Child Care Center staff, Program Directors, School-Age Child Care Program staff, and Registered Family Child Care Providers
- Teachers working in Monmouth County School Districts
Click here to view our Semi-Annual Professional Development Calendar.
Click here to view our Infant – Toddler Initiative Workshops.
All registration for Child Care Resources workshops can be completed on the Professional Impact New Jersey Registry. Please click here to be taken to the NJ Registry to register for Child Care Resources’ workshops.
For more information on what the NJ Registry is and how Child Care Resources’ staff can assist you in the registration process, please click here.
For more information about our classroom based professional development offerings or to register for a workshop, please call our Project Coordinator, Kelly Acanfora, at 732-918-9901, Ext. 135 or at email@example.com.
On-Site Professional Development
Child Care Resources provides high quality, convenient professional development at your location. Our highly trained professionals will come to your program and workshops can be scheduled during normal operating hours or during the evening to accommodate you and your employee’s schedules.
On-site professional development is very cost effective. If a training requires a consultant to provide the workshop, it is $250 for each two hour workshop. A Child Care Resources’ trainer is $10 per person for a two hour workshop.
You may choose from a wide array of topics or contact us directly to discuss how to develop a personalized training plan to meet the needs of you and your staff. To see a list of training topics available that are provided by Child Care Resources’ trainers and to obtain a copy of the On-Site Training Services Request form, click here.
To get a copy of the On-Site Training Workshop Agreement, click here.
To discuss you or your staff’s personalized professional development plan or to discuss any professional development program, you can contact our Child Care Development Manager, Jessica Cowan at 732-918-9901, Ext. 124 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online (Web-based) Training
Child Care Resources is pleased to offer online training in coordination with Child Care Aware’s Training Academy. This platform offers accessible opportunities to support early care and education professionals.
Training can be accessed from almost any computer with Internet access at your convenience – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Participants who take the CDA online course are not eligible for the PINJ CDA Direct Assessment Scholarship
- Family Child Care Providers: If you take the online Child Care Essentials training it DOES NOT replace the Family Child Care Registration mandatory orientation and Pre-Service.
- 130 Hour Enhanced CDA Credential Training for Child Care Centers
- 120 Hour CDA Credential Training for Child Care Centers
- 120 Hour CDA Credential Training for Family Child Care Providers
- 45 Hour CDA Credential Renewal Training
- Child Care Essentials: A Comprehensive Initial Training for Center-Based Child Care Providers (40 Hours)
- Child Care Essentials: A Comprehensive Initial Training for Family Child Care Providers (40 Hours)
- Child Care Essentials: A Comprehensive Initial Training for Center-Based Child Care Providers (40 Hours) in Spanish
- Child Care Essentials: A Comprehensive Initial Training for Family Child Care Providers (40 Hours) in Spanish
- 8 Hour Child Abuse Awareness for Family Child Care Providers
- 8 Hour Child Abuse Awareness for Center Staff
- Social and Emotional Foundations for Learning
- Practical Strategies to Guide Children’s Behaviors
- Promoting Nutrition and Physical Activity in Child Care
- Customizable Professional Child Care Training Packages from 2 up to 20 Hours!
To view available online training programs, please click here.
Already registered? Please click here.