To meet the growing need for quality child care, a well-trained child care workforce is necessary. Continued training and education leads to improved skills, and research has shown that children who receive care from highly trained professionals are more likely to flourish and have greater opportunities for learning. Retaining high quality, trained staff is one of the best indicators of quality child care.
Child Care Resources is a leading training entity for child care professionals in Monmouth County. We believe that professional development is key to your experience as a caregiver and to the quality of child care you offer. Our trainings offer firm foundations, as well as new perspectives and techniques for child care professionals working daily with children and families.
Child Care Resources offers three types of trainings, Classroom Based Professional Development, On-Site Professional Development and Online Professional Development.
Classroom Based Professional Development
Our classroom based trainings are primarily held in Child Care Resources’ training room. These workshops promote and enhance professional development through stimulating and interactive programs, designed for:
- Individuals who are working towards a Child Development Associate (CDA) or CCP Credential.
- Licensed Child Care Center staff, Program Directors, School-Age Child Care Program staff, and Registered Family Child Care Providers
- Teachers working in Monmouth County School Districts
Click here to view our Semi-Annual Professional Development Calendar.
All registration for Child Care Resources workshops can be completed on the NJ Workforce Registry. Please click here to be taken to the NJ Workforce Registry to register for Child Care Resources’ workshops.
For more information on what the NJ Workforce Registry is and how Child Care Resources’ staff can assist you in the registration process, please click here.
For more information about our classroom based professional development offerings or to register for a workshop, please call our Project Coordinator, Kelly Acanfora, at 732-918-9901, Ext. 135 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On-Site Professional Development
Child Care Resources provides high quality, convenient professional development at your Monmouth County location. Our highly trained professionals will come to your program and workshops can be scheduled during normal operating hours or during the evening to accommodate you and your employee’s schedules.
On-site professional development is very cost effective. A Child Care Resources’ trainer is $10 per person for a two hour workshop, not to exceed $250. Should a training topic require a content specialist consultant, a fee will be determined between Child Care Resources and the consultant.
You may choose from a wide array of topics or contact us directly to discuss how to develop a personalized training plan to meet the needs of you and your staff. To complete the On-Site Professional Development Request form, click here.
To review a copy of the On-Site Professional Development Agreement, click here.
To discuss you or your staff’s personalized professional development plan or to discuss any professional development program, you can contact our Child Care Education Specialist/Lead Trainer, Maggie Lopez, at 732-918-9901, Ext. 119 or at email@example.com.
Child Development Associate (CDA) at Child Care Resources – SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO ARE ELIGIBLE
The CDA program at Child Care Resources is an accessible, cost effective, hybrid learning approach on a user-friendly online platform. You can obtain your 120 professional development hours combined with monthly, face-to-face coaching from our CDA coach, Cindy Terebush, who is a certified Professional Coach and Youth, Parent, Family Coach with credentials from the World Coach Institute. She earned her Bachelor of Arts and teaching certification from Kean University. Cindy also completed the State of New Jersey’s Directors Academy for Early Care and Education. Cindy is a CDA Professional Development Specialist and Lead Instructor and a New Jersey Workforce Registry Approved Trainer and Technical Assistance Specialist throughout the State of New Jersey.
The CDA is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education and is a key stepping stone on the path of career advancement! Obtaining your CDA is an essential asset to the children you serve and also assists with meeting Grow NJ Kids Standards 4.3.8, 4.3.9, 4.4.2 and 4.5.3.
- High school diploma or a current high school junior or senior enrolled in a child development career/technical program
- 120 hours of self-paced online learning. Subject area requirements are outlined by the CDA coach for simple navigation
- 480 hours of experience working with young children within 3 years of applying for the credential
- Prepare your CDA Professional Portfolio (complete within 6 months of applying)
- Participate in monthly coaching sessions which include an individualized monthly phone session and one session per month for two hours in-person at Child Care Resources’ office. The benefits of CDA coaching include –
- Guidance for completing your portfolio one-step at a time
- Knowledge assessments
- CDA exam preparation
- Peer discussions
- Opportunities to ask questions
- Progress checks with CDA Coach
- Guidance through the CDA Application Process
- Take the CDA exam after applying for the CDA credential
- Verification visit by a CDA Professional Development Specialist after applying for the CDA credential and after completing the portfolio
- $600 fee to Child Care Resources for CDA online coursework and coaching for one year access
- $30 for required Competency Standards Book (must order from https://store.cdacouncil.org/)
- $49 for required CDA textbook (must order from https://store.cdacouncil.org/)
- $425 online application fee to the CDA Council
- Scholarships available for those who qualify
- $95 for the CDA textbook and or/workbook that can be bundled with the Competency Standards Book
- $25 for the Easycda.com Portfolio Binder
For more information, any additional questions or to enroll in Child Care Resources’ CDA programs, please contact Marcy Spinner, Child Care Development Manager, at 732-918-9901, Ext. 124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online (Web-based) Training
Child Care Resources is pleased to offer online training in coordination with Child Care Aware’s Training Academy. This platform offers accessible opportunities to support early care and education professionals.
Training can be accessed from almost any computer with Internet access at your convenience – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Participants who take the CDA online course are not eligible for the PINJ CDA Direct Assessment Scholarship
- Family Child Care Providers: If you take the online Child Care Essentials training it DOES NOT replace the Family Child Care Registration mandatory orientation and Pre-Service.
- 130 Hour Enhanced CDA Credential Training for Child Care Centers
- 120 Hour CDA Credential Training for Child Care Centers
- 120 Hour CDA Credential Training for Family Child Care Providers
- 45 Hour CDA Credential Renewal Training
- Child Care Essentials: A Comprehensive Initial Training for Center-Based Child Care Providers (40 Hours)
- Child Care Essentials: A Comprehensive Initial Training for Family Child Care Providers (40 Hours)
- Child Care Essentials: A Comprehensive Initial Training for Center-Based Child Care Providers (40 Hours) in Spanish
- Child Care Essentials: A Comprehensive Initial Training for Family Child Care Providers (40 Hours) in Spanish
- 8 Hour Child Abuse Awareness for Family Child Care Providers
- 8 Hour Child Abuse Awareness for Center Staff
- Social and Emotional Foundations for Learning
- Practical Strategies to Guide Children’s Behaviors
- Promoting Nutrition and Physical Activity in Child Care
- Customizable Professional Child Care Training Packages from 2 up to 20 Hours!
To view available online training programs, please click here.
Already registered? Please click here.