Child Care Resources is collaborating with Professional Impact NJ (PINJ) to utilize the NJ Registry to conduct registration for all Child Care Resources’ professional development trainings. Participants who wish to take a workshop hosted by Child Care Resources must become a member of or renew their NJ Registry membership.
What is the NJ Registry?
The NJ Registry is an online database which records and recognizes a professional’s education, training and work experience in the field of early care and education, after school and primary education. The goals of the Registry is to help participants track their annual professional development hours while collecting data about the New Jersey early childhood workforce. Participants will be approved at one of the levels on the NJ Registry Career Lattice, based on their education and experience.
What are the benefits of joining the NJ Registry?
- Access all Professional Impact NJ programs including financial assistance, Administrators’ and Infant/Toddler Credentials and registration in PINJ’s upcoming leadership programs
- Access your professional development profile and training report online. These tools provide a summary of any degrees, certifications and credentials you have, as well as trainings you have attended, to keep track of your annual training requirements
- Apply to become a Professional Impact NJ – Approved Instructor of Adults
- Apply for the Office of Licensing Group Teacher, Head Teacher and School-Age Supervisor approvals
- Directors are able to keep track of their staff’s annual professional development records required by the Office of Licensing
How do I register for the NJ Registry?
The NJ Registry application is now available online at www.pinjregistry.org. The application must be submitted online. You must have a valid email address in order to join the NJ Registry. There is no fee required. The following information is required to complete the NJ Registry application:
- General biographical information
- Current employment information
- Employment history in related field
- Documentation of education (REQUIRED):
- High School Diploma (if you do not have any college credits)
- Copy of CDA Credential (if applicable)
- Copy of NJ Family Development Credential (for family workers only)
- OFFICIAL college transcripts from a regionally accredited institution for the highest degree obtained, and unofficial transcripts for prior degrees or college credits earned
- Copies of Department of Education teaching certifications (if applicable)
- Other credentials or certifications (if applicable)
- Professional development certificates (optional)
After becoming a member of the NJ Registry, how do I register for a Child Care Resources workshop on the NJ Registry?
**You may only enroll in ten (10) workshops at a time**
- Log into your NJ Registry profile
- Click the “Find Training” tab at the bottom of the left hand side toolbar
- Search under “Sponsor Name” and locate Child Care Resources. This is where you will see all of the current workshops that Child Care Resources is offering.
- Click “View Training” to see the Course Details. (HINT: Have a question about the workshop you are viewing? You can email the instructor by clicking on his/her email address)
- To enroll, click “Enroll Now”
- Complete the empty fields in the registration form that appears
- Click “Confirm and Continue Registration”
- Review the information and place a check mark in the “I agree” box and click “Enroll Now”
- You will receive an “Enrollment Confirmation,” which will also be emailed to you
- If your account is “Active,” you can print your “Education and Training Report” located in the “My Tools and Settings” tab to review the workshops you have already participated in and decide which new workshops you should register for
- Be sure to check your email frequently! All correspondence regarding your NJ Registry profile about Child Care Resources workshops will be sent via email
- To view the workshops you are registered for, open the “My Tools and Settings” tab and click on “My Training Registrations”
How do I withdraw from a Child Care Resources workshop?
Child Care Resources adheres to a “No Show Policy.” You MUST “Withdraw” from a workshop you have registered for but cannot attend. You must withdraw prior to the beginning of the workshop. If you do not withdraw from a training which you do not attend, you will be considered a “No Show.”
If you are classified as a “No Show” three or more times, you will be blocked from enrolling in future Child Care Resources workshops for a period of eight (8) months.
To withdraw from a Child Care Resources workshop:
- Log into your NJ Registry profile prior to the beginning of the workshop
- Click on “My Tools and Settings”
- Click on “My Training Registrations”
- Find the training from which you want to withdraw
- Click on “Withdraw”
- You will receive an email confirming that you withdrew from that workshop
**If you are outside of the withdrawal window, three days (3), you must contact Child Care Resources, so that you are not considered a “No Show.”**
Who should I contact if I have questions about registering for a workshop through the NJ Registry database?
**If you need assistance creating a NJ Registry profile or have questions about the NJ Registry, contact the NJ Registry at 908-737-4293 or by email at email@example.com. ONLY NJ REGISTRY STAFF CAN ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR NJ REGISTRY ACCOUNT!**
If you have a specific question about a Child Care Resources workshop posted, please contact Child Care Resources at 732-918-9901, Ext. 135 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can Child Care Resources’ staff help YOU with this process?
Child Care Resources staff is available to assist every professional applying to the NJ Registry. Our agency has available computers connected to the Internet to support you during office hours and by appointment. You can utilize these computers to apply to the Registry and to register for workshops.
Through our collaboration with PINJ, Child Care Resources requires that all registrations are facilitated through our online system since September 1, 2014.
For more information about our collaboration with PINJ and for technical assistance, please call or email:
Kelly Acanfora, Project Coordinator, email@example.com, Ext. 135